Earnings Roundup: Belo, Procter & Gamble
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, April 30, from AP Financial News:
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Television station operator Belo Corp. posted a first-quarter profit Thursday, helped by a gain from repurchasing bonds.
CINCINNATI (AP) ¿ With households around the globe cutting spending in the recession, consumer goods company Procter & Gamble Co. said Thursday that its profit fell nearly 4 percent in the fiscal third quarter.
MARLBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) ¿ Drugmaker Sepracor Inc. said Thursday its profit jumped nearly fivefold in the first quarter as a large research and development charge came off its books.PITTSBURGH (AP) ¿ Generic drugmaker Mylan Inc. posted a larger-than-expected profit in the first quarter as revenue rose 13 percent. The company raised the low end of its profit forecast for the year. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ The Travelers Cos. reported on Thursday a 32 percent drop in first-quarter profit, primarily due to losses on its investments, and confirmed full-year guidance well below analysts' estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV