Movers Roundup: Skechers, Visa
Among the stock activity stories for Thursday, April 30, from AP Financial News:
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (AP) ¿ Shares of footwear maker Skechers USA Inc. jumped on Thursday, after the company said first-quarter profit rose, helped by tight cost control.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Visa Inc. rose Thursday after the credit card processor handily beat Wall Street expectations and posted a 71 percent jump in second-quarter profit.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Starbucks Corp. jumped Thursday after the coffee chain said its sales in the fiscal second quarter fell less sharply than at the end of last year.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Bare Escentuals Inc. soared Thursday following the cosmetics company's better-than-expected first-quarter earnings results. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Ameristar Casinos Inc. reached a fresh 52-week high Thursday as a Goldman Sachs analyst upgraded the casino operator on its first-quarter results and regional presence. MILWAUKEE (AP) ¿ Shares of the world's largest cereal maker, Kellogg Co., rose on Thursday after the company said its first-quarter profit increased on cost cutting measures and beat analyst estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV