2nd-quarter Loss Narrows For Germany's Infineon
FRANKFURT (AP) ¿ German computer chip maker Infineon Technologies AG said Thursday that it narrowed its second-quarter loss, but the global economic crisis pushed down sales and the company predicted a full-year operating loss.
Infineon's net loss for the January-March period, its fiscal second quarter, was euro258 million ($343 million), which the company said compared with a loss of nearly euro2 billion a year earlier. That figure was weighed down by charges related to struggling memory chip unit Qimonda AG
Neubiberg-based Infineon, which makes semiconductors and products for computerized systems, said second-quarter sales were down 25 percent to euro747 million from euro1 billion a year earlier. Infineon's fiscal year begins in October.The company said that, while it expects business to improve in the current quarter, "considerable uncertainties remain for the year." It said it expected full-year revenues to be 20 percent below 2008 levels, causing operating results "to decrease significantly and be negative." In 2008, the company had total revenues of euro4.3 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV