Earnings Roundup: First Solar, Moody's
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, April 29, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ First Solar Inc., the nation's largest solar panel maker, says its profit more than tripled in the first quarter despite tightened bank lending that has made it tough to fill orders.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Credit ratings agency Moody's Corp. on Wednesday said its first-quarter income fell 25 percent, as credit market activity remain depressed.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) ¿ Reynolds American Inc., the nation's second-largest cigarette company, said Wednesday raising its prices and cutting its costs helped it offset industrywide sales declines in the first quarter.TRENTON, N.J. (AP) ¿ Drugmaker Wyeth, which is being acquired by drug giant Pfizer, on Wednesday posted a flat first-quarter profit but beat analysts' expectations, as cost cuts offset lower revenue, particularly for its top seller, blockbuster antidepressant Effexor. ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Savvis Inc. shares shot higher Wednesday after the company posted a narrow profit for the first quarter, surprising Wall Street analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV