Earnings Roundup: First Solar, Moody's
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, April 29, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ First Solar Inc., the nation's largest solar panel maker, says its profit more than tripled in the first quarter despite tightened bank lending that has made it tough to fill orders.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Credit ratings agency Moody's Corp. on Wednesday said its first-quarter income fell 25 percent, as credit market activity remain depressed.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) ¿ Reynolds American Inc., the nation's second-largest cigarette company, said Wednesday raising its prices and cutting its costs helped it offset industrywide sales declines in the first quarter.TRENTON, N.J. (AP) ¿ Drugmaker Wyeth, which is being acquired by drug giant Pfizer, on Wednesday posted a flat first-quarter profit but beat analysts' expectations, as cost cuts offset lower revenue, particularly for its top seller, blockbuster antidepressant Effexor. ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Savvis Inc. shares shot higher Wednesday after the company posted a narrow profit for the first quarter, surprising Wall Street analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV