CN Names Replacement For Promoted CFO
The Associated Press
Canadian National Railway Co. named a Power Corp. of Canada executive as its new chief financial officer on Wednesday, replacing the man who was recently tapped to become the next chief executive.
Montreal-based Canadian National said Luc Jobin, 50, will become CFO and executive vice president effective June 1.
Jobin was executive vice president of Power Corp. of Canada ¿ a diversified international management and holding company ¿ where he oversaw the holding company's investment portfolio. He spent 22 years at Imasco Ltd. and its Canadian subsidiary, Imperial Tobacco Canada Ltd., leaving as CEO of the subsidiary.At the railway company, Jobin succeeds Claude Mongeau, who was recently named to become president and CEO next Jan. 1. Canadian National said Mongeau will spend the rest of this year learning more about the railroad company's network and operations. Shares of CN rose $1.05, or 2.7 percent, to $40.54 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV