CN Names Replacement For Promoted CFO
The Associated Press
Canadian National Railway Co. named a Power Corp. of Canada executive as its new chief financial officer on Wednesday, replacing the man who was recently tapped to become the next chief executive.
Montreal-based Canadian National said Luc Jobin, 50, will become CFO and executive vice president effective June 1.
Jobin was executive vice president of Power Corp. of Canada ¿ a diversified international management and holding company ¿ where he oversaw the holding company's investment portfolio. He spent 22 years at Imasco Ltd. and its Canadian subsidiary, Imperial Tobacco Canada Ltd., leaving as CEO of the subsidiary.At the railway company, Jobin succeeds Claude Mongeau, who was recently named to become president and CEO next Jan. 1. Canadian National said Mongeau will spend the rest of this year learning more about the railroad company's network and operations. Shares of CN rose $1.05, or 2.7 percent, to $40.54 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV