The RealMoney contributors are in the business of trading and investing all day on the basis of ongoing news flow. Below, we offer the top five ideas that RealMoney contributors posted today and how they played those ideas.
TheStreet.com brings you the news all day, and with RealMoney's "Columnist Conversation," you can see how the pros are playing it on a real-time basis. Here are the top five ideas played today. To see all that RealMoney offers, click here for a free trial.
1. Sold Walgreen After a Nice Six-Week Run
By Brian Gilmartin
12:11 P.M. EDT
We sold the majority of our Walgreen (WAG) today after a nice six- to eight-week run off the low $20s. Walgreen will report April '09 sales next week and the stock is struggling here around its 200-day moving average and the downward sloping trend line off the October '07 high.
2. Whirlpool Up Big; Still Cautious
By Eric Jackson
11:31 AM EDT Earlier this morning, I expressed surprise that Whirlpool (WHR) was trading down in premarket after it released quarterly numbers. With cost controls, the company posted a slight profit instead of a loss as the market expected. I expected a big rally, given how that kind of news has been received lately by the market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV