Health Stock Winners and Losers: J&J Raises Dividend
Updated from 5:10 p.m. EDT
Health stocks were mixed Thursday on a smattering of news, including an announcement that Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) had raised its dividend.
Johnson & Johnson said that because of its performance in 2008 and generally strong financial position, it is raising its quarterly dividend 6.5% to 49 cents from 46 cents. The next quarterly dividend will be payable June 9 to shareholders of record as of May 26.
Johnson & Johnson's shares rose 0.4% to close at $51.40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV