The traders of CNBC's "Fast Money" think it was prudent for investors to take profits on Monday when you consider the recent strength in the stock market. Guy Adami thinks we are now in no-man's land, because the S&P 500 didn't trade up to 900 before it sold off.
Karen Finerman mentioned that a recent New York Times article might have scared investors. She said that if the big banks are forced to convert their TARP capital into common stock, it could lead to a selloff in the banking sector. Finerman also believes that some of the big banks will not pass the street test.
One thing that all of the traders at "Fast Money" agree on is that leading up to the stress test on Friday the market will continue to be extremely volatile. In volatile markets, traders can expect to see large swings both up and down in the most popular stocks. These large moves can create great trading opportunities.
The gang recently highlighted trading ideas that play off of technology stocks, Big Pharma stocks and unusual options activity. Here are some highlights from over the past week as aggregated from the show.To read more, visit Stockpickr.com. Who's on Stockpickr Answers? Kevin Baker will be on Stockpickr Answers on April 23 to respond to investing and trading questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Not a member? Join the Stockpickr community today -- free.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV