The past two weeks have been good ones for my Nails on the Numbers subscribers. Last week, my deep-in-the-money options trading system won four times. The four options positions that crossed the finish line added $11,150 to my win column.
Then Wednesday, my position in Dow Chemical (DOW), my Jan. 12 pick, won a whopping $15,750 on 160 contracts. It's the biggest single win on my scorecard to date. I had two $13,000-plus wins last summer. Quicker wins of $1,000 to $2,000 are more typical.
Last week, my quadruple win opened with a $1,000 payout on Alcoa (AA) on its third trading day in play. Then on April 14, I closed out an extended position in Intel (INTC), a Sept. 8 pick, into which I'd put $123,000 over time in an effort to bring down its average cost. Intel's big drop since the market crash had put the position in jeopardy. But I managed it carefully, bringing my average costs within reach until the market gave me my win.
Also on April 14, Halliburton (HAL) paid off $2,000 after 27 calendar days in play. My position in Honeywell International (HON) closed out April 16, putting another $1,000 into my win column on its ninth trading day.The last time my system rang the bell four times in one week was in early October, for a $5,000 payout. But more are on the way: I have seven open positions and am buying more all the time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV