NC County Expects 172 Jobs In Former Textile Plant
YADKINVILLE, N.C. (AP) ¿ An Illinois food company that bought a former textile plant in North Carolina plans an operation that is expected to create 172 jobs.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported Wednesday that Nonni's Food Co. already has begun operations in the old Unifi Inc. plant that it bought in December.
Nonni's is based in Westchester, Ill. It makes biscotti and bagel and pita chips and similar products under the brand names of Nonni's, New York Style, Old London and Devonsheer.
State Commerce Department spokesman Charles Winkler told the newspaper that the company plans to hire management, product and support employees, including mechanics, electricians and fork-lift operators.___ Information from: Winston-Salem Journal, http://www.journalnow.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV