Earnings Roundup: BB&T, Media General
Among the earnings stories for Friday, April 17, from AP Financial News:
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) ¿ BB&T Corp. on Friday posted a 37 percent decline in first-quarter profit, as loans that were overdue or written off as unpaid surged and the regional bank put aside more cash to cover souring credit.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Newspaper publisher and TV station owner Media General reported a wider first-quarter loss Friday on a deepening slide in advertising revenue.
ABILENE, Kan. (AP) ¿ Discount store operator Duckwall-ALCO Stores Inc. reported a loss in its fiscal fourth quarter due to a charge for transforming its stores and a decline in sales at established locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV