Hansen Med. Sees 1Q Sales Under View, Plans Offer
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) ¿ Hansen Medical Inc., which makes medical robotic technology used with catheters, said Thursday it expects its first-quarter revenue to fall under Wall Street's expectations.
The company expects first-quarter revenue to be in the range of $7 million to $7.2 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, on average, predict sales of $7.8 million.
Hansen said it expects to sell less of its Sensei robotic catheter systems that it originally expected. It now predicts it will sell 53 to 60 this year, compared with a previous expectation of 53 to 65.
The company also said it plans to sell an undisclosed amount of its shares in a public offering. Piper Jaffray & Co. will be the sole underwriter for the sale.Shares rose 15 cents, or 4.1 percent, to close Thursday at $3.82.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV