NM Looks To Upgrade Online Motor Vehicle Services
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) ¿ New Mexico plans to solicit bids next month for a new computer system for the Motor Vehicle Division, which is part of a blueprint for making the agency more customer friendly through a better use of technology.
"We're embarking on a very ambitious program to create a new and improved MVD around the state," Taxation and Revenue Secretary Rick Homans said in an interview this week.
The current computer is more than 30 years old, and Homans said it doesn't meet the modern needs of the agency."It might have worked 30 years ago, but MVD now has to interact with all kinds of databases nationally, databases in the state," he said. The department has a $20 million yearly budget and 350 employees in offices across the state. The department's responsibilities include issuing driver's licenses and identification cards, registering cars and trucks, maintaining the driving records of New Mexicans and keeping track of whether motorists have required insurance. The agency generates about $400 million in revenues annually through fees and taxes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV