Movers Roundup: The9, Caterpillar
Among the stock activity stories for Thursday, April 16, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of The9 Ltd. fell Thursday after the Shanghai-based online game operator said its license to operate the popular game "World of Warcraft" will be granted to a competitor after it expires.
PITTSBURGH (AP) ¿ Shares of heavy equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. sank Thursday as an analyst downgraded the company's stock, citing possible losses in its finance unit and slumping demand for machinery and engines.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of genetic analysis company Illumina Inc. rose Thursday after the company said it sold 22 gene analyzing systems to the Broad Institute, boosting that institution's installed base to 47 units.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Cougar Biotechnology Inc. fell Thursday after a Rodman & Renshaw analyst downgraded the stock, saying it is unlikely to advance for the rest of this year. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Although near-term development prospects for one of its Florida properties are low, an analyst said Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. is among those likely to still be standing once an economic recovery occurs. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of StemCells Inc. jumped Thursday after the company said it signed a non-exclusive licensing deal with a major pharmaceutical company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV