The9 Drops After Losing 'Warcraft' License Renewal
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of The9 Ltd. fell Thursday after the Shanghai-based online game operator said its license to operate the popular game "World of Warcraft" will be granted to a competitor after it expires.
The9's American depositary shares fell 70 cents, or 7 percent, to $9.26.
The9's license for "World of Warcraft" is set to expire in June.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc., which owns the game, said Thursday that an affiliate of Beijing-based NetEase will get a three-year license to run the game in mainland China once the current license deal ends.Last summer, Blizzard and NetEase announced they would partner on the operation of Blizzard games "Warcraft III," ''StarCraft II" and the Battle.net gaming platform. NetEase.com Inc. American depositary shares rose 81 cents, or 2.7 percent, to $30.60.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV