Frisch's 3rd-quarter Profit Rises
CINCINNATI (AP) ¿ Frisch's Restaurants Inc., parent of the Frisch's Big Boy chain, said Tuesday its fiscal third-quarter profit rose 65 percent, helped by better results at its Golden Corral chain.
Profit for the quarter ended March 10 rose to $3.4 million, or 66 cents per share, from $2.1 million, or 40 cents per share, during the same period last year.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $67.7 million from $66.6 million.
The company said new ad campaigns for its Big Boy and Golden Corral restaurants boosted customer traffic, as did more favorable food costs.A litigation settlement also helped results. In March, Frisch said it would receive $890,000 pretax in the quarter, related to a case against a general contractor that built a Golden Corral Restaurant in 2001.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV