Frisch's 3rd-quarter Profit Rises
CINCINNATI (AP) ¿ Frisch's Restaurants Inc., parent of the Frisch's Big Boy chain, said Tuesday its fiscal third-quarter profit rose 65 percent, helped by better results at its Golden Corral chain.
Profit for the quarter ended March 10 rose to $3.4 million, or 66 cents per share, from $2.1 million, or 40 cents per share, during the same period last year.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $67.7 million from $66.6 million.
The company said new ad campaigns for its Big Boy and Golden Corral restaurants boosted customer traffic, as did more favorable food costs.A litigation settlement also helped results. In March, Frisch said it would receive $890,000 pretax in the quarter, related to a case against a general contractor that built a Golden Corral Restaurant in 2001.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV