Top Takes From RealMoney
The RealMoney contributors are in the business of trading and investing all day on the basis of ongoing news flow. Below, we offer the top five ideas that RealMoney contributors posted today and how they played those ideas.
TheStreet.com brings you the news all day, and with RealMoney's "Columnist Conversation," you can see how the pros are playing it on a real-time basis. Here are the top five ideas played today. To see all that RealMoney offers, click here for a free trial.
1. Not Sure Entrust Deal Will Go Through at This Price
4/13/2009 12:53 PM EDT
Entrust (ENTU) announced an agreement to be acquired for $1.85 a share in cash.Last November, Empire Capital, which owns 20% of ENTU at an average cost of $2.61/share, entered into a settlement agreement with the company in an effort to avoid a proxy contest for board representation. As part of the settlement, Empire was given board observation rights (i.e., a non-voting position) so long as it maintained an ownership above 10%. Since Empire will remain underwater with this deal, I'm waiting to see how it weighs in.
2. Genworth Misses TARP DeadlinePaul Rubillo
4/13/2009 12:34 PM EDT Not sure if anyone saw the news late Friday where Genworth (GNW) missed the TARP deadline by failing to become a bank-holding company in time. Genworth had planned to acquire a "mom and pop" bank called Interbank, but the acquisition didn't progress quickly enough. Genworth says now that the deal is off, since the only reason it tried to buy the bank in the first place was to achieve "bank holding" status in order to access TARP funds. The stock is down 21% today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV