Entrust Expects To Post 1Q Profit
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Digital security software company Entrust Inc., which agreed to be sold to Thoma Bravo LLC, said Monday it expects first-quarter earnings of $1.7 million, or 3 cents per share.
This is up from a loss of $1.2 million, or 2 cents per share, in the same period a year earlier. Excluding items, the company expects a profit of 4 cents per share.
Analysts, on average, are expecting a profit of 3 cents per share, according to a poll by Thomson Reuters. Analysts typically exclude one-time items from their estimates.
The company expects sales of $22.6 million, down 12 percent from $25.8 million a year earlier. Analysts are expecting $22.3 million.Entrust plans to release full financial results for its fiscal first quarter on April 28. As part of the buyout deal, Entrust said its shareholders will receive $1.85 in cash for each Entrust share they hold. Shares rose 14 cents, or 8.4 percent, to $1.81 in premarket trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV