Entrust Agrees To Be Sold To Thoma Bravo
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Digital security software company Entrust Inc. said Monday it agreed to be bought by an affiliate of the private investment firm Thoma Bravo LLC in a deal valued at $114 million.
As part of the deal, Entrust's shareholders will receive $1.85 in cash for each Entrust share they hold. This represents a roughly 11 percent premium over Entrust's closing price last Thursday. The stock market was closed Friday.
Entrust said its board has approved the deal, which allows the company to solicit alternative proposals from third parties during the next 30 days.
Thoma Bravo said it has been in business for more than 28 years and manages about $2.5 billion of equity capital through a series of funds. It said it has completed 38 acquisitions in the software indusry in a dozen companies with total annual earnings of more than $600 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV