Myers Expects To Post Lower 1Q Profit
AKRON, Ohio (AP) ¿ Myers Industries Inc., a maker of plastic products for industrial, agricultural, automotive, commercial and retail buyers, said Thursday it expects to post first-quarter earnings that are lower than a year ago.
The company said it plans to issue its earnings release for the first quarter on April 16.
Based on preliminary closing data, it expects to report earnings per share in the range of 11 cents to 14 cents, including expenses primarily related to restructuring programs.
Excluding expenses related to restructuring programs, Myers Industries expects first-quarter earnings per share to be in the range of 21 cents to 24 cents.A year ago, the company reported earnings per share of 25 cents in the first quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, who generally exclude one-time items from their estimates, were expecting earnings per share of 9 cents in the latest first quarter. Shares in Myers Industries rose 49 cents, or 7.10 percent, to close Thursday at $7.39.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV