Myers Expects To Post Lower 1Q Profit
AKRON, Ohio (AP) ¿ Myers Industries Inc., a maker of plastic products for industrial, agricultural, automotive, commercial and retail buyers, said Thursday it expects to post first-quarter earnings that are lower than a year ago.
The company said it plans to issue its earnings release for the first quarter on April 16.
Based on preliminary closing data, it expects to report earnings per share in the range of 11 cents to 14 cents, including expenses primarily related to restructuring programs.
Excluding expenses related to restructuring programs, Myers Industries expects first-quarter earnings per share to be in the range of 21 cents to 24 cents.A year ago, the company reported earnings per share of 25 cents in the first quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, who generally exclude one-time items from their estimates, were expecting earnings per share of 9 cents in the latest first quarter. Shares in Myers Industries rose 49 cents, or 7.10 percent, to close Thursday at $7.39.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV