State Regulators Gear Up For Casino Bankruptcies
CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) ¿ Nevada's casino regulators are forming a team of securities experts, auditors and staffers to handle possible bankruptcies and debt restructurings in the gambling industry.
State Gaming Control Board Chairman Dennis Neilander said in a letter to Nevada's industry licensees that the team's activity could disrupt some of the board's usual routine but is needed to help bring resorts out of bankruptcy.
"Unfortunately, Nevada gaming and tourism have not been spared consequences of the ongoing economic challenges facing the country," Neilander said."Already, there are a few large gaming companies in bankruptcy, along with a few smaller licensees," Neilander said. "More are anticipated." Neilander said the board and its parent Nevada Gaming Commission may have to handle several cases "within a limited timeframe," and that's where the special GCB team will be most needed. The team will include staffers from the board's seven divisions covering corporate securities, audits, taxes and licensing, technology, enforcement and investigations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV