Intel Dips as Other Chips Rise
With the exception of Intel, semiconductor stocks were holding on to gains as Wednesday's trading session wound to a close.
Intel (INTC) shares were falling after Chairman Craig Barrett expressed uncertainty about when the chip sector will rebound. According to Reuters, Barrett said government stimulus packages will probably start having an impact in six to 18 months. "So you pick your time that you want the recovery to occur in that six to 18-month period, and your guess is as good as anyone's," he said. Intel's stock was recently down 1.8% to $15.17.
In an otherwise slow news day for semiconductors:
Texas Instruments (TXN) was up 2.5% to $16.77.Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) was up 4.1% to $3.58. STMicroelectronics (STM) was up 6.6% to $5.64. Broadcom (BRCM) was up 4% to $21.87. Qualcomm (QCOM) was up 1.3% to $39.87. Applied Materials (AMAT) was up 1% to $10.65. Nvidia (NVDA) was up 2.8% to $11.27.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV