Corus Bankshares Receives Going-concern Notice
In January, Corus reported a net loss of $261 million in the fourth quarter.
The bank also received a preliminary response from the Treasury Department that it rejected Corus' application for cash under the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program intended to help banks weather the current financial crisis.
Shares of Corus closed down 2.5 cents, or 9.3 percent, at 24.5 cents.
In addition, the company said it received on April 1 a letter from Nasdaq indicating that it had failed to comply with the continued listing requirements when it failed to timely file its annual report by March 31.The report was filed April 7. As a result of the filing, the company received a letter from Nasdaq saying that it is now in compliance Corus Bankshares is a Chicago-based bank holding company. Corus Banks is a nationwide construction lender, specializing in condominium, office, hotel, and apartment projects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV