Stock Search: Citigroup, BofA
The banks were among the 10 most-searched stocks on TheStreet.com Tuesday.
Goldman Sachs (GS) is up. CEO Lloyd Blankfein said at a conference of the Council of Institutional Investors that Wall Street compensation and hedge fund regulations need to be re-evaluated. The company is also gearing up to release earnings next Tuesday.General Motors (GM) and Ford (F) make the list. Moody's reported that there is a 70% likelihood that GM will file for bankruptcy, while Ford's risk was "moderately below" 70%. In the meantime, GM announced a partnership with Segway and unveiled a two-wheeled electric vehicle. Celgene (CELG) is up after Cramer recommended it on Mad Money as a great biotech company to own. He owns shares for his Action Alerts Plus Portfolio. Cramer gave Siliconware Precision (SPIL) the speculative thumbs-up on Mad Money, saying the semiconductor packaging and testing company is poised to break out. Alcoa (AA) is next. The company unofficially kicks off earnings season today when it reports after the bell. Analysts expect a loss of 56 cents a share on revenue of $4.07 billion. Sun Microsystems (JAVA) is up. The stock was leading the Nasdaq down for the second straight day after IBM (IBM) withdrew its bid for the company. Investors are wondering what this means for futures mergers in the tech sector. Last up is Research In Motion (RIMM). Shares were pulling back today after the company reported killer earnings last week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV