TSC Ratings provides exclusive stock, ETF and mutual fund ratings and commentary based on award-winning, proprietary tools. Its "safety first" approach to investing aims to reduce risk while seeking solid outperformance on a total return basis.
While Georgia has had more bank failures, California has been the costliest state for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., accounting for $13.6 billion of the $19.5 billion of costs incurred by its insurance fund as of Feb. 27.
Strongest California banks and thrifts: As bad economic news piles up and the banking industry increases its overall exposure to problem assets, it's easy to forget that strong banks and thrifts still exist. Based on year-end financial reports, 28 of California's 317 banks and thrifts were rated B-plus or better, grades considered "good" or "excellent."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV