After enjoying a run-up on rumors that it might be acquired, Sun shares fell back to earth Monday, losing 23 .3% to $6.51, after it was reported that IBM had withdrawn its offer for the firm. IBM shares, meanwhile, fell 0.7% to $101.47, as investors wondered what would come next.
Another of the day's biggest losers was Garmin (GRMN), which fell 4.3% to $22.11 on seemingly no news whatsoever.
Cisco (CSCO), meanwhile, dropped 3.7% to $17.47.On the winning side: Infineon Technologies (IFX) rose 17.2% to $1.50. Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) rose 2.9% to $3.53. Research In Motion (RIMM) rose 8.5% to $64.31. Apple (AAPL) rose 2.1% to $118.43. Sprint (S) rose 5% to $4.40. Verizon (VZ) rose 0.7% to $33.03.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV