Infineon Technologies Rises on UBS Upgrade
Updated from 12:57 p.m. EDT
With help from an analyst upgrade, Infineon Technologies (IFX) was among the few semiconductors in the green Monday.
An analyst with UBS upgraded Infineon on Monday to Buy from Neutral because it believes it could get government-backed debt financing given that it supplies the auto industry, according to MarketWatch. The analyst also believes Infineon will continue to be an iPhone supplier. Infineon shares were recently up 14.1% to $1.46. The stock has a 52-week high of $11.08.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) also was on the plus side Monday, recently gaining 2.9% to $3.53.The rest of the sector was having a tougher go of it: Texas Instruments (TXN) was down 2.6% to $16.52. Intel (INTC) was down 1.4% to $15.72. STMicroelectronics (STM) was down 3.7% to $5.51. National Semiconductor (NSM) was down 3% to $11.86. Broadcom (BRCM) was down 2.3% to $21.56. Qualcomm (QCOM) was down 1.8% to $40.48. Nvidia (NVDA) was up 0.3% to $11.35.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV