Infineon Technologies Rises on UBS Upgrade
Updated from 12:57 p.m. EDT
With help from an analyst upgrade, Infineon Technologies (IFX) was among the few semiconductors in the green Monday.
An analyst with UBS upgraded Infineon on Monday to Buy from Neutral because it believes it could get government-backed debt financing given that it supplies the auto industry, according to MarketWatch. The analyst also believes Infineon will continue to be an iPhone supplier. Infineon shares were recently up 14.1% to $1.46. The stock has a 52-week high of $11.08.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) also was on the plus side Monday, recently gaining 2.9% to $3.53.The rest of the sector was having a tougher go of it: Texas Instruments (TXN) was down 2.6% to $16.52. Intel (INTC) was down 1.4% to $15.72. STMicroelectronics (STM) was down 3.7% to $5.51. National Semiconductor (NSM) was down 3% to $11.86. Broadcom (BRCM) was down 2.3% to $21.56. Qualcomm (QCOM) was down 1.8% to $40.48. Nvidia (NVDA) was up 0.3% to $11.35.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV