Isilon Systems Expects 1Q Loss, Plans Job Cuts
SEATTLE (AP) ¿ Digital-storage company Isilon Systems Inc. said Monday it expects a first quarter loss, steeper than Wall Street anticipates, and plans a 10 percent work force cut to reduce costs by about $4 million a year.
Shares of the Seattle company fell sharply for a second straight trading session, following criticism from analysts Friday that the company's 2008 outlook lacked clarity. Its shares declined 31 cents, or 12.7 percent, to $2.14 in midday trading.
The company said it expects a loss of between 16 cents per share and 17 cents per share including items for the period ended March 31. It expects earnings before items between 14 cents per share and 15 cents per share.
Both estimates include a non-cash inventory write-down of about $3.8 million, or 6 cents per share.Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect a quarterly loss of 12 cents per share. These estimates typically exclude items. Isilon anticipates revenue of $26.5 million to $27 million, up from a year ago but down sharply from the fourth quarter. Analysts were looking for revenue of $27.4 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV