Stock Market Game Week in Review
The Stock Market Game is a curriculum-based teaching tool that allows students to invest a hypothetical $100,000 online stock portfolio to learn about long-term saving and investing.
While the majority of this week's headlines focused on the G-20 summit in London, an increase in unemployment has again taken center stage. The joblessness rate spiked to a 25 year high at 8.5% with 663,000 jobs lost in March. The news pushed stocks lower this morning challenging a strong rally earlier in the week that pushed the S&P 500 index up 23% after hitting 12-year lows on March 9.
Besides being the month most people associate with the tax man, April is National Financial Literacy Month. To celebrate this important springtime event, the SIFMA Foundation for Investor Education and The Stock Market Game (SMG) are offering two exclusive webinars for teachers and SMG participants. These webinars will be presented in conjunction with the release of two new projects: "Volatility: Ups and Downs" and "What Goes Around." The latter addresses business cycles.
The webinars will be conducted by long time SMG supporter, Richard Anderson. Richard is a Certified Financial Planner, president and CEO of management consulting firm Anderson Group and Anderson Financial Services. Richard has presented to teachers in the New York City SMG program on numerous occasions. In addition, he has made guest appearances on CNN's "Money Line," CNBC and "Good Morning America." We are fortunate to have him on these webinars.On Tuesday, April 7, from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. EDT, we will host "Volatility: Teaching About the Ups and Downs with SMG." The webinar will focus on the questions: what do financial news reporters mean when they say the markets are volatile?; why is it important to understand volatility?; and how does The Stock Market Game help you teach about it? You can register for the webinar here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV