This Week's 'Barron's' Roundup
Editor's note: Welcome to Stockpickr's "Barron's Roundup." Each weekend, James Altucher presents Stockpickr portfolios related to articles in the latest issue of Barron's.
Top Bond Funds: Barron's highlights six managers who are finding value in the treacherous bond market. They share three characteristics: They're conservative, savvy and experienced. The funds include the Fidelity Government Income Fund (FGOVX), Legg Mason Partners Managed Municipals Fund (SHMMX) and Templeton Global Bond Fund (TPINX).
Bullish and Bearish: Each week, Barron's publishes bullish and bearish stories on a variety of stocks. We present summaries of those stories in this portfolio. This week, there are bullish stories on Research In Motion (RIMM), Apple (AAPL) and Corning (GLW).
Small-Cap Value: Barron's talks with John E. Deysher, portfolio manager of the $53 million Pinnacle Value Fund (PVFIX). Deysher thinks small-cap stocks are set to bounce. Among the names he likes are Preferred Bank (PFBC) and MVC Capital (MVC).
Research Reports: The latest analyst research highlighted by Barron's, including reports this week on Google (GOOG), InterDigital (IDCC) and Agrium (AGU).
'Speaking of Dividends': This Barron's column highlights the latest dividend increases, initiations and cutbacks. This week there's information on Wal-Mart (WMT), Norfolk Southern (NSC) and Bank of America (BAC).
Top Insider Purchases of the Week: Insider purchases are a lot more predictive than insider selling. Barron's lists companies where managers are buying stock, and we build a portfolio with those companies' stocks. There has been interesting activity in Icahn Enterprises (IEP), General Mills (GIS), Industrial Services of America (IDSA) and T 3 Energy Services (TTES).
Latest Activist Purchases: Which companies are the top hedge funds chasing? This week's list includes names like Tiffany (TIF), Target (TGT) and Websense (WBSN).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV