3. Technicals Look Bad
4/3/2009 11:42 AM EDT
In addition to my disbelief of the latest rally from a fundamental point of view -- I referred to it as a "sugar high" on Columnist Conversation yesterday -- we can now add some technical indicators upon which I have relied for many years.
4. Morning TradeBob Byrne
4/3/2009 9:26 AM EDT With the jobs report out of the way, we can now begin fretting over earnings. Unless companies come out with some very positive results (or at least favorable forecasts), like Research In Motion (RIMM), we may be setting ourselves up for a sell-the-news situation throughout earnings season. If the bulls want to continue to torture the bears, they need to push the emini back above strong resistance at 833 and target moderate resistance at 838.50. A sustained trade above 838.50 and only moderate resistance at 845 contains this market from running to 855. A market surge to (strong resistance) 855 would entice shorts to re-enter this market. ... I am not betting on this type of surge, though.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV