Cascade Shares Slip After 4th-quarter Loss
WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ Shares of Cascade Corp. slipped Friday after the maker of forklift attachments, hydraulic cylinders and other loading gear reported a fiscal fourth-quarter loss.
In afternoon trading, Cascade shares lost 56 cents, or 2.8 percent, to $19.40. They earlier traded as low as $18.14. The company's stock has traded between $12.81 and $53.76 over the last 52 weeks.
Cascade on Thursday recorded a quarterly loss of $30.5 million, or $2.82 per share, compared with net income of $8.8 million, or 74 cents per share, in the same period last year. The latest quarter's results reflect a $46.4 million asset impairment charge.
Rodman & Renshaw analyst Joe Giamichael reduced his fiscal 2010 revenue estimate to $404 million from $448.8 million, and his earnings estimate to $1.27 per share from $1.55 per share.The analyst also lowered his share price target to $25 from $40 due to weak year-over-year results and the weak macro environment. However, he told clients Cascade continues to provide a compelling investment opportunity for longer-term investors because of its share of the global market place and strong customer relationships.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV