NiSource CEO's 2008 Compensation Rises 37 Percent
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ The president and chief executive of gas and electric utility NiSource Inc. received compensation valued at $3 million in 2008, a 37 percent increase from the previous year, according to an Associated Press analysis of a regulatory filing.
The Merrillville, Ind.-based company paid Robert C. Skaggs Jr. $791,667 in base salary, up 5.6 percent from the year before.
Skaggs, 54, did not receive a bonus or performance-related cash bonus in 2008 or 2007.NiSource gave Skaggs stock awards valued at $2.1 million when they were granted in March 2008, up 55.6 percent from similar awards granted the previous year. Skaggs also received $60,003 in perks, including $8,753 in tax-preparation service, $17,625 in 401(k) contributions and $33,625 in contributions to a savings plan. In 2007, Skaggs received $2.16 million in total compensation. The AP's calculations of total compensation include salary, bonus, performance-related incentives, perks, any above-market returns on deferred compensation and the estimated value of stock options and awards granted during the year. They may vary from totals listed in the summary compensation table in the company's proxy filed with the SEC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV