The RealMoney contributors are in the business of trading and investing all day on the basis of ongoing news flow. Below, we offer the top five ideas that RealMoney contributors posted today and how they played those ideas.
TheStreet.com brings you the news all day, and with RealMoney's "Columnist Conversation," you can see how the pros are playing it on a real-time basis. Here are the top five ideas played today. To see all that RealMoney offers, click here for a free trial.
1. Perfect Bullish Percent-R Retest Yesterday
4/2/2009 1:08 PM EDT
Yesterday's S&P 500 close gave us a very nice confirmed bullish Percent-R retest on the daily chart. It also had a successful test of key middle levels on the hourly chart. If you are using charting software, we utilize different inputs, levels and techniques on our Percent R analysis than are the defaults on most programs -- BigTrends founder Price Headley and others in our firm have developed methods for smoothing out and utilizing the Williams Percent R that are not really being used by anyone else that I'm aware of. And the nice thing about this indicator is that it can often be a "leading indicator" as opposed to a lagging one, which is basically the "holy grail" of most technical analysis.
2. Apple Hitting Six-Month HighsDavid Sterman
4/2/2009 11:45 AM EDT You have to go back to September (which seems quite long ago) for the last time Apple (AAPL) was above $112. The stock is getting lifted by an analyst upgrade today. You can also see some sector strength in the list of stocks hitting new 52-week highs today, including:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV