Updated from 7:01 a.m. EDT
Telecom and other tech stocks were making headlines on Wednesday, with AT&T (T) revealing its netbook plan, which includes a couple of mini-laptop offerings from Dell (DELL), and news that Verizon (VZ) is fortifying its partnership with Cisco (CSCO).
In other news, education company Apollo Group (APOL), one of TheStreet.com Ratings' top 5 large-caps for March 25 and the recipient of a bearish call from James Altucher on Monday, lost more than 15% on Wednesday to close at $66.46. It reported better-than-expected earnings on Tuesday, but it also warned of increasing bad debt expense, earning the stock a downgraded from a Robert W. Baird analyst.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV