The Kaiser Foundation gained public prominence after Nadya Suleman, the "Octomom," gave birth at the Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center in Bellflower, California.
But the not-for-profit organization's Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc. is also the seventh most profitable U.S. health insurer, with earnings of $202 million, according to an industry-wide analysis. Suleman's hospital bill may swell to $1 million after she delivered octuplets in January, ABC News has reported. She is insured by California's state health plan.
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan is rated A-minus, or "excellent," by TheStreet.com Ratings. Kaiser's units generated more than $40 billion in combined premiums in 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV