Ford (F), Nissan (NSANY) and Audi unveiled convertible sports cars that cost a little more than $30,000, hoping that consumers will pay just a bit more for luxury in a battered economy. German carmaker Porsche introduced a more powerful Boxster that can be had for less than $60,000, a bargain when you consider it's almost as fast as the flagship 911.
Here are five convertibles guaranteed to make your summer days -- and just about any other day -- unforgettable.
2009 Porsche Boxster S; From $56,700: Now in its second generation, the Boxster re-energized Porsche when it was introduced in the late '90s as a less-expensive alternative to the 911. While the base Boxster, with a 255-horsepower six-cylinder engine, starts at about $10,000 less, the Boxster S, with its 310-hp six, provides a more spirited ride. Both versions feature a mid-engine design, which places the powerplant behind the two-seat cockpit but in front of a small trunk for better balance, handling and responsiveness. Add in a power soft-top that operates at speeds up to 30 mph and a wide range of upscale features, and you have all the makings of a perfect afternoon on the road.
|The Boxster S packs a 310-horsepower six-cylinder engine that's placed behind the car's two seats.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV