AT&T Plans Smartphone Assault
During its recent fourth quarter, for example, AT&T added 2.1 million wireless subscribers to reach a total customer base of 77 million, 7 million more than the same period last year.
Whereas the Blackberry Storm is the jewel in Verizon's crown, AT&T continues to champion the iPhone, and is even rumored to be offering iPhones without mandatory two-year service contracts. The telecom firm is also waiving activation fees, according to company communications obtained by BoyGeniusReport.
AT&T shares fell 84 cents, or 3.2%, to close at $25.16 Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV