My deep-in-the-money options trading system had a good start to the week with two wins on Monday, bringing my record to 98-1. For the picks, I do the legwork so that you don't have to. However, investing is serious business, and my system has guidelines you should follow if you want to ring the register with me.
Today, I will explain the concept of averaging down on a position and why it's crucial to my strategy.
I pick good companies whose stock prices are beaten down more than they deserve. Because these are solid companies that have fallen victim to broader market forces, they stand to recapture some ground as markets start to recover.
They don't need to come all the way back to their one-year highs for us to win. We just expect them to move up enough to give us a $1 boost to the price we paid on the option, so we can add $1,000 to my scorecard -- or $1 a share on 10 contracts of 100 shares each.I don't advocate a long-term, buy-and-hold strategy, but I do give my picks plenty of time to meet my goal. I pick these companies because they fit my strategy and put us in position to make money when they bounce. We are waiting for them to bottom. That doesn't always happen. We can't foretell the future or anticipate unexpected bad news from a company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV