GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is reportedly in talks to buy a large stake in generic-drug maker Aspen Pharmacare.
According to a report published Wednesday on the Financial Times' Web site, Glaxo may soon buy 10% of South Africa-based Aspen to bolster the U.K. drugmaker's sales in foreign and emerging markets.
Glaxo shares were recently up 1.3% to $29.70.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV