Facing Up to Personal-Finance Realities
Your credit score is going to matter even more: Your credit score will more likely determine whether you get a loan at all, not just set your interest rate. Banks and other financial institutions already have huge amounts of bad debt and aren't looking to add more. That means you're going to need good credit to qualify for a loan, and if you don't, you're going to have to put up a lot of cash or you may be out of luck.
Taxes will increase and government benefits will be cut: While the Obama administration is looking to give the largest middle-class tax cut in history as part of its proposed budget, at some point the stimulus-spending costs will need to be paid. There are only two ways to achieve this: increase tax revenue or cut spending. The likelihood is that both will occur.
This economic crisis will hit home: In past recessions, a large number of people were hurt only slightly. This time, you or somebody you know is going to end up in a tight financial situation where there is no "good" financial choice.
While you want to help those you can, don't put yourself at financial risk. Having a plan for yourself will make dealing with a financial crisis easier to handle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV