She said Microsoft could make a nice move ahead of Windows 7 if there are signs of life in the PC market.
And she thinks the Carol Bartz, the new CEO of Yahoo! (YHOO) is going to want to sell the entire company to Microsoft.
Bellini had high marks for Oracle (ORCL). She likes its operating margin expansion because of its dominance in maintenance work, and she sees the company becoming very aggressive in acquisitions in the next three to six months.
She had a dim view of VMware (VMX), which her firm has rated a sell. She said the company's growth curve is starting to flatten and it is facing pricing pressure. She expects a decline in the year-over-year license revenues this quarter and next, and she thinks the Street's license revenue and EPS estimates are too high. "Until they come down, I'm not a buyer," she said.The panel touched on an uptick in new home sales in February that provided some impetus to homebuilder stocks and housing-related stocks like Home Depot (HD). Adami said the data shows the rate of decline is slowing. He also said affordability comes into play at a certain point. "There are people who want to buy homes," he said. Ratigan felt the data was getting misinterpreted and that a better reflection of what happened last month can be had by looking at a year-over-year comparison, which shows a big falloff in sales, compared to a month-to-month comparison.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV