Belden Amends Credit Facility
ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Belden Inc., an electronics-components maker, says it has amended its $350 million senior secured revolving credit facility.
Belden officials said the change will boost its borrowing costs but still give the company more flexibility in managing its cash as it weathers weaker global demand for its products.
Belden said late Tuesday that the amendment changes the definition of earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, or EBITDA, used in the calculation of the gross debt-to-EBITDA leverage ratio covenant in the agreement.
The amendment boosts the its cost of borrowings under the facility by 100 basis points.As a result of the amendment, Belden's debt-to-EBITDA leverage ratio as of Dec. 31 was 2.2, down from 2.9 before the amendment. The agreement had called for a ratio of 3.5 and there was a risk that the creditors could have found Belden in default without the change. The company incurred about $1.6 million in costs in connection with the change. In December, the company announced plans to cut 1,800 jobs worldwide, or 20 percent of its work force, and consolidate some manufacturing operations, citing a continued softening of demand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV