We're losing technology and know-how that we will never get back with each liquidation. These companies need fresh capital to come directly to them, and every time you add a layer, it's a further hindrance to accomplishing the goal of credit to industry.
Do you think this plan will be revised again? Some of the language is a bit squishy, and seems like the administration gave itself some breathing room to adjust if necessary.
If they have to drag investors and banks to the table and it's not working, then they'll have to keep adjusting. It took me the better part of a year to get my structure to work and get one to which all parties would ante up. I don't understand why I haven't gotten a call from Treasury, since I have a patent for the technology to value these assets.
Have you spoken to people in the Treasury Department?I've reached out and talked to some people at Treasury. I haven't talked to
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV