Ultralife Buys SAIC's Tactical Communications Unit
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) ¿ Ultralife Corp. said Monday that it has acquired the tactical communications products business of Science Applications International Corp. for $5.7 million.
The SAIC business, which is located in Virginia Beach, Va., designs, develops and manufactures military communications equipment. Ultralife, which is a New Jersey-based power and communications company, said the company's products will be sold by Ultralife under the current products' brand name, AMTI.
Ultralife said it anticipates the acquisition will be accretive this year.
Shares of Ultralife rose 33 cents, or more than 4 percent, to $8.37 by midday trading following the announcement. SAIC was up 33 cents, or 1.9 percent, at $17.31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV