Infineon, Robert Bosch To Strengthen Collaboration
FRANKFURT (AP) ¿ German computer chipmaker Infineon Technologies AG said Monday it will strengthen its collaboration with car parts maker Robert Bosch GmbH to include power semiconductors.
Neubiberg-based Infineon said it will provide components to Stuttgart-based Bosch's semiconductor manufacturing. Bosch, in turn, will license manufacturing processes and technologies from Infineon for the production of low voltage power transistors.
Shares of Infineon rose 16 percent on the announcement, closing at euro0.80 ($1.09) in Frankfurt. Bosch, the world's largest car parts maker by sales, is privately owned.
Financial details were not disclosed, but Infineon said the two companies will also work jointly on technologies for the production of power semiconductors.Semiconductors in cars control the power consumed by systems like generators, power steering, and air conditioning. By working with Bosch, Infineon is expanding its share of the semiconductor market in the automotive segment, and Infineon will also be Bosch's preferred supplier of power semiconductors, Infineon said. "Together with Bosch, who are strong innovators, we want to continue to enhance the energy efficiency of electronic components in the automotive sector," Infineon spokesman Peter Bauer said in a statement. ___ On the Net: http://www.infineon.com http://www.bosch.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV