Waste Connections To Buy Landfill From Republic
FOLSOM, Calif. (AP) ¿ Waste Connections Inc. on Friday said it has agreed to buy the Potrero Hills Landfill in Suisun City, Calif., from Republic Services Inc. for an undisclosed amount.
The sale is the result of Republic's recent $4.5 billion acquisition of Allied Waste Industries Inc.
A settlement with the Justice Department required the trash haulers to divest nine landfills, among other assets.
Shares of Waste Connections added 39 cents to $24.34 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV