Management stated that it felt NCI had great results for fiscal 2008, remaining on track with its strategic plan. The company expects further growth in fiscal 2009 due to new business won in 2008, such as the $173 million ITES-2S task order with the Army National Guard and Air National Guard awarded to NCI in December. Looking ahead, the company expects first quarter 2009 EPS in the range of 31 cents to 33 cents per share, on revenue of $102 million to $107 million. Although the company shows weak operating cash flow, we believe that the strengths detailed above outweigh any potential weakness at this time.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provides outsourced emergency department staffing and management services to hospitals under the brand EmCare and ambulance services in 40 states under the brand American Medical Response. We upgraded EMSC to a buy in August 2008. Our rating is supported by the company's revenue and net income growth, impressive record of EPS growth, and good cash flow from operations.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008, EMSC reported that its revenue rose 10.5% year over year, just slightly higher than the industry average of 10.3%. This growth appears to have helped boost EPS, which improved significantly from 31 cents to 48 cents and continued a pattern of positive EPS growth over the past two years. Net income increased 55.5% when compared to the same quarter last year, rising from $13.4 million to $20.9 million. Net operating cash flow also increased considerably, rising 98.3% to $81 million. In addition, the company's stock price has surged 32.5% over the past year, powered by earnings growth and other key factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV