Movers Roundup: Herman Miller, Corning
Among the stock activity stories for Thursday, March 19, from AP Financial News:
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Shares of Herman Miller Inc. slumped Thursday, a day after the furniture maker said sales fell during the fiscal third quarter, causing it to lose money during the period.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Specialty glass and ceramics maker Corning Inc. said Thursday it expects to turn a first-quarter profit, excluding special items, thanks to an increase in glass orders over the past several weeks.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Beckman Coulter Inc. rose Thursday after a Barclays analyst upgraded the stock, pointing to its dependable supply revenue, and its recent buyout of Olympus Corp.'s lab-based diagnostics business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV